- The Tulsa Townies bicycle project was launched in August 2007 by Saint Francis Health System to promote an active and healthy lifestyle in the community. This project is the first bicycle program of its kind in Northeastern Oklahoma and is one of the longest running systems in North America.
- The 2007, solution was the first solar powered bike share program in the world!
- In 2007, Machine to Machine communications was new, but in bike share it was revolutionary! All 3rd generation bike share systems now communicate this way!
- For more information, please go to: http://www.tulsa-townies.com
- The next step will be to add a solar powered dispensing kiosk as another revolutionary option!